What to expect
Oswego’s traditional Wine on the Fox event…presented by john greene Realtor, returns for its 16th year in picturesque, Hudson Crossing Park along the river! All ages are welcome, and the event is free and open to the public.
Live entertainment on the Main Stage will begin at 11 a.m. on Sat., May 7, and end at 8 p.m. The festivities start at noon Sunday, May 8 and continue until 6 p.m. It’s a wonderful way to celebrate Mother’s Day Weekend in Oswego!
Wineries from throughout the state of Illinois will feature their most sought-after varietals. For those wishing to enjoy a selection of over 100 types of wine, or craft beer from Oswego’s own Oswego Brewing Company, a package purchase is required.
Guests who wish to drink wine or beer must be age 21+ with a valid photo ID. Please see below for a list of ticket packages. Upon arrival, a printed program will be available that includes all food and beverage options.
Advanced Package Sales vs. Day of Package Sales
Guests who purchase a package in advance, will receive the biggest bang for their buck, including better prices and more tickets!
All packages include:
- Commemorative wine glass(es)
- Tickets for your choice of wine or beer
- A wristband which allows access to all featured wineries and the Oswego Brewing Company booth
Advance Intro to Wine Package: $20
Includes 8 wine tickets, commemorative Wine on the Fox glass and wristband.
Advance Wine Lover’s Package: $25
Includes 12 wine tickets, commemorative Wine on the Fox glass and wristband.
Advance Mother’s Day Weekend Package for Two: $45
Bond with your Mom while tasting some of her favorite wines!
Includes 18 wine tickets to share, two commemorative Wine on the Fox glasses, two wristbands and special gift for Mom, redeemable at participating downtown merchants.
Intro to Wine Package: $25
Includes 6 wine tickets, commemorative Wine on the Fox glass and wristband.
Wine Lover’s Package: $30
Includes 10 wine tickets, a commemorative Wine on the Fox glass and wristband.
Mother’s Day Weekend Package for Two: $55
Bond with your mom while tasting some of her favorite wines! Includes 15 wine tickets to share, two commemorative Wine on the Fox glasses, two wristbands and special gift for Mom, redeemable at participating downtown merchants.
How do the tickets work?
All tickets are redeemable at participating wine booths and Oswego Brewing Company booth.
Redemption options include:
- Wine: One (1) ticket provides a one (1) oz. serving of wine of your choice. Go ahead and try a variety of wines you’ve never tasted before!
- Wine: Find something you like? Enjoy a full glass (5 oz. serving). Each ticket equals $1.00. Purchase a glass of wine with tickets, cash or credit, based upon the dollar cost on the menu.
- Wine bottles and cases of wine: Share a bottle with your group or take your favorites home at the end of the event. Bottles and cases may only be purchased with cash or credit.
- Craft beer: Try two seasonal craft beers from Oswego Brewing Company! Each ticket equals $1.00. Purchase a full glass with tickets based on the cost listed on the menu.
How do the commemorative wine glasses work this year?
To reduce the spread of germs, all beverages will be poured into disposable cups/glasses upon purchase. Feel free to transfer your beverage into your commemorative wine glass when you sit down!
To help you prepare for the best experience possible, please read the following guidelines:
- The event is free and open to the public—all ages welcome!
- To consume wine or beer, guests must be age 21+ and show proof of age with a current photo ID.
- Whether you purchase your package in advance or on the day of the event, all tickets will be distributed at the event upon arrival, along with glasses and wristbands.
- Outside food is permitted; however, please consider supporting our local vendors. You’re going to love what’s being served!
- No outside beverages are allowed, except for bottled water, juice boxes and milk.
- All coolers will be checked upon arrival; expect to be asked to open your cooler for inspection at the entrance gate.
- Wine bottles may be taken home after the event; however they must be sealed in approved bags, available at each exit.
- No animals are permitted, except for service dogs.
- Lawn chairs, blankets and small tables are permitted. No tents, please.
- Seating in the park is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Per current CDC Guidelines, masks are optional.
Dates & Times
Saturday, May 7
- 11 a.m.- 8 p.m.
Sunday, May 8
- Noon-6 p.m.
We’re back in the park! (Pending river conditions.)
Hudson Crossing Park
56 N. Harrison Street
Oswego, IL 60543
In the event of seasonal flooding at Hudson Crossing Park, an alternate location will be updated on the Wine on the Fox’s website.
Parking & Drop-off
Free parking is available in the public parking garage at The Reserve at Hudson Crossing, 77 S. Adams St. next to Hudson Crossing Park. Enter and exit on Harrison St. or Adams St.
A designated Ride Share drop-off zone is located on Adams St. next to The Reserve at Hudson Crossing. For safety, all drivers must travel north on Adams Street and allow passengers to exit on the west side.
Designated Handicapped Parking is available on Harrison St., as well as inside The Reserve at Hudson Crossing. Enter garage from Harrison St.
Free parking is available in the new public parking garage at The Reserve at Hudson Crossing.
Ride share drop-off is located on Adams Street next to The Reserve at Hudson Crossing. Drivers must travel north on Adams Street to be able to pull over safely and let passengers out.
The event will take place rain or shine. No refunds are given due to weather. In the event of cancelation because of state COVID-19 mitigation guidelines, you will be issued a refund.
Enthusiastic, community-oriented volunteers are being sought for 3-hour shifts on either Sat. May 7, Sun. May 8, or both. Perks include service-hours credit and/or a reduced cost ticket package
Contact Julie Hoffman by email.